Thursday, April 7, 2016

It's Almost Showtime, Canton!

Meet Jennifer Picha from Wreaths Gone Wired...
I was born and raised in Canton, Ohio, and currently live an hour outside of Canton with my husband, two adventurous boys, and two mischievous dogs. As of now, I am solely enjoying my leisure time creating and designing and am hoping to continue that trend. This will be the first Avant-Garde Art and Craft show I have participated in! 
After many years of schooling and working in the pharmacy realm, my husband and I were ready to start a family. Since then, my life has certainly changed! Today, my days are filled with active boys who love to play, travel, and are intrigued by everything new. Because of this, I am constantly surrounded by new environments and ideas, which inspires me to create and design.
I enjoy designing everything from wreaths to curtains, chair backs, and more! I love the challenged of visualizing what would highlight a room and help it flow. I also enjoy decorating for each season to customize our house and make it fun for the kids but still elegant.
For years, my brain was wired to think in a structured, linear manner as a pharmacist. While I loved that line of work, there wasn't much room for creativity. Now, designing has opened up new channels of energy and ideas for me. This is a new season in my life, and I am enjoying my new passion where I take inspiration from the world's various colors and textures to create designs. I hope you enjoy my designs as much as I enjoy creating them!

Meet the team from WSFG Treasures...
We are a mother, father, and son trio who love to craft together. We call ourselves WSFG Treasures. W is for wood, S is for stone, F is for furniture, and G is for glass. Eventually, we will be working with all four elements! This will be our first Avant-Garde show! 
The father and son portion of the trio wanted to build furniture, while the mother wanted to paint. We put our heads together and came up with some items that would satisfy us all. Our inspiration comes from taking an ordinary piece of board or a blank wine bottle and turning it into a beautiful piece of art.

We are hoping to have a small store with a workshop in the near future. All three of us have always tried anything that looked interesting. If we like it, we say, "I can do that!" We are never afraid to fail. Failure only makes us stronger and more imaginative to try things in different ways. We hope you like our projects of love!

Meet Carol Ford from CF Designs...
I started my company last May so I would be able to participate in area craft shows but I started beading about 12 years ago. Originally, I made gifts for my family and friends. I stopped beading for many years so I could enjoy spending time with my eight lovely grandchildren!
I will have been married to my wonderful husband for 46 years this November! You'll see him at all the craft shows with me. In fact, he built my fabulous displays. He ends up with as many compliments on his displays as I do on my bracelets. I love the support for my business that I receive from my family.

This past year, I have been in 5 area craft shows and am very much looking forward to participating in the Avant-Garde show!
2016 Canton Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show

Sunday, April 10, 2016
Time- 10:00am-5:00pm
St. George Serbian Center
4667 Applegrove Street NW
North Canton, OH 44720
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment