Friday, November 6, 2015

Eve of the Canton Show!

Meet Jennifer Snyder from Simple Home Accents...
I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio, where I still live today.  I live with my fiance and 4 furry "children', 3 cats and a bunny, all of whom I rescued either from a shelter or from out in the cold.  In addition to my craft business, I work full-time as a legal assistant.

I have always done arts and crafts projects.  I have been making soap and skin care products for over three years. I am very excited to be participating in my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show!
I am inspired by many things.  The fragrances I choose are often inspired by nature or the seasons of the year.  When making my bath and body products, I look to make things that fulfill a need, such as helping to relieve dry skin.  I like to make products that I know will help people and that I will use myself.

I have always been interested in arts and crafts, from a very young age.  I took art classes in school and was in the art club in high school.  I have always had several projects going around the house.  When I started working on bath and body products, I was hooked.  I love experimenting with new ingredients and products!
I like to make skin care products that fulfill a need.  For instance, I have been experimenting with a facial scrub that helps with breakouts.  I have been trying various combinations of ingredients and testing them on myself.  I try to find the right texture, smell and result that best suits the purpose of the product.


My five year goal.. My online shop on Etsy has been improving each year and I hope that continues.  I also love doing shows because I have the opportunity to discuss my products with customers face to face, so I would love to add more shows to my calendar.

The message behind my skin care products is that you can take great care of your skin without paying outrageous prices or using products that are loaded with chemicals.  Everything we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies, so we have to stay mindful of that.

Meet Ginny Stocker from Ginny Stocker Art...
I have found that a creative life makes me happy.  After college and raising a family with both career and freelance years interspersed, I consider this to be my special time.  Finding my way back into art one step at a time has become my way to fulfilling the “second half” of my life.

I have always been up for the next adventure – art or otherwise. There was something in me that reacted to the immediacy and brilliant colors of pastels.  I went searching for and found an amazing art world with understanding peers, fabulous instructors, and, of course, beloved art supplies!

This is my first Avant-Garde show – which I heard about thanks to shadow box artist, Robyn Martins!  By starting a show in the Canton area, I am sure that Avant-Garde will become a valued experience not only for consumers but for all crafters and fine artists.  There is certainly a need for a place to show and sell our work.
My inspiration.. Currently, I am enjoying the landscape.  I have been fortunate enough to have made some amazing trips with my husband.  By closing my eyes and remembering the feelings that I had at the time, I get so much more out of my photo reference material.  Most of my work is from a personal experience that will hopefully mean something positive and entirely different to another.

I always enjoyed art and went to college to study art.  At that time, the best way to get a job was to become an art teacher or a graphic designer.  I focused on Graphic Design and Fine Art Management.  And I have done both freelance graphic art and business in the past.  Now is my time to do the type of art that I always needed to do.
My creative process is full of starts and more starts.  I enjoy working quickly and seeing fresh results which is quite possible in the pastel medium.  My favorite works seem to come when I am not looking for them.

My five year plan.. I am loving painting and I certainly picture myself still at an easel just for the “love of the game”

The message behind my work... I enjoy the beauty in nature and if I can share that wonder and sense of place to make my viewer feel what I feel, then I have accomplished what I set out to do.

2015 Canton Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, November 7, 2015
Time- 10:00am-5:00pm
St. George Serbian Center
4667 Applegrove Street NW
North Canton, OH 44720
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment