Wednesday, April 19, 2017

It's Show Week!

Meet Rita Shegheimer from the RMS Collection...
Family life includes my husband Rich, my two children, Ty and Krista and my dogs, Max and Jasmine (yes . .they are more spoiled than the kids are).  During the day I work for a tire manufacturer as a Human Resource Generalist.  At night, I go to school as I am working on getting my degree in Human Resources.

In the fall of 2015, I decided that I wanted to make bracelets for the Aunts, Grandmas for Christmas.  I taught myself how . . . everyone loved them so I wondered if I could make necklaces and earrings.  Once I figured out how - I loved it and just kept going at it.  My husband came in my office one day and said my stuff is great . . but it's now taking over the house, so I might want to try selling some of it.  That's when I started looking into craft shows.  That was the beginning of 2016.
What inspires me to create.. Lots of different things . . .sometimes I see something (like a piece of jewelry) and wonder if I can make something like it.  Sometimes I look at the beads and will picture them together with something else (I usually have to write that down or try to draw it so I don't forget), but mostly . . . I have poor sleep habits so I'm usually playing with my pieces in the middle of the night because it relaxes me (of course . . there are mornings when I see the creation I made in the middle of the night and have to tear it apart because beads don't match, the length isn't correct, etc. . . so not sure making jewelry in the middle of the night is always a good decision!)  I am now at the point where people will ask me to make specific pieces for them - that's usually my best inspiration and my favorite challenge!

My creative process.. Messy! I make a huge mess in my office when I am crafting and making jewelry.  I have stuff everywhere (but I know right where I can find it!).  I love to put on music, sing at the top of my lungs and just go to town making necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  Some of my best creations (and concerts) take place when I am making a total mess in my office!
What is my five year goal? I really don't know.  Right now, it's a hobby and I love doing it - if it ever became work I would probably want to give it up.  I think it would be fun to open a little boutique and invite crafters to come in sell their stuff as well.  To me, the hardest part is getting your work in front of other people.

The message behind my work..I make jewelry for fun, People should do what they enjoy doing . . no matter what it is or how silly it might be.  Own it and be proud of it!  Nothing is better than stepping back from something and being able to say you did it!  Always be proud of what you created or accomplished even if it's not perfect!

Meet Tayshia Briggs from Bohemian Insanity..
I am a mother to a beautiful 1 year old, I am currently in cosmetology and started my etsy business around 8 months ago. 

I have been crafting since I was young, but i didn't start my Etsy page until about 8 months ago. This is my first Avant-Garde showI actually haven't participated in any shows of this kind, this is my first time!
What inspires me to create.. My daughter inspires me to create, her imagination gives me creativity. Crafting has always been a huge passion of mine.  
How I got into my craft.. I've always found joy in creating things that I love, and hopefully others come to love also!  I figured out you can set your mind to anything you desire, and this to me, was it!

My creative process.. My process starts with the matching of colors, actually. I start with what would attract the eye? would people want to buy this and hang it in their home?

In five years, I HOPE to see myself full time Etsy selling- although that may not happen. But a girl can dream!

My message is: We are one with the earth, the ability to use pieces we have found on this earth and make it into a masterpiece is truly humbling. To be able to recreate the beauty that God gave us is fantastic! 

Meet Jessica Winters from Stella Creek Candle Company...
My name is Jessica Winters and I am the owner of Stella Creek Candle Company. At a very young age I feel in love with candles and aromatherapy. There is nothing like smelling a familiar fragrance that takes you back to a wonderful memory from a time in your past. I also enjoy creating new memories with certain scents to accompany them. 
I find it all fascinating and I always knew I wanted to make candles someday. Last April I stopped dreaming and I finally took the plunge and started my own candle company. The name was easy, Stella was my grandmother whom I have very fond memories of and we have a creek behind our house where my husband and I love to take our children to play.  
One of my favorite scents in my line is Our Creek- this scent was created by 9 year son to mimic his memories playing at our creek. Each one of my candles are hand poured with attention to detail and quality is always a priority.  My only goal is that I hope you enjoy my candles as much as I enjoy making them. I am new to Avant-Garde shows and I am very excited to participate in the upcoming event in Canton.

2017 Canton Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time- 10:00am-5:00pm
St. George Serbian Center
4667 Applegrove Street NW
North Canton, OH 44720
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment