Thursday, April 20, 2017

Two Scent-sational Candle Vendors!

Meet Auston and Molly Papay from Compass Candle Co...
We are a husband & wife duo, that started a enviromenatlly friendly candle company last year.  I went to the University of Akron for art and have always like working with my hands. We've been making candles since June of 2016.

What inspires us to create.. travel and the feeling you get when someone really enjoys a product that you made with your own hands. 
How we got into our craft.. (From Auston) My wife asked me to make favors for our wedding in Dec. of 2015, always LOVED candles, so i thought id give it a whirl for the favors. It snowballed from there. 

How we discovered our talent.. by just messing around with the candles at first and than taking them to work and people were actually buying them. 
Our creative process.. We first research where a scent might come from then name our scent after that area of the world. Next is the candle making process, putting the wicks together, getting the jars ready, melting the wax, mixing in the oils, and putting everything together. 
the step is the label application.  

In next five years we'd like to think that we'd have a few employees and hopefully added a few different product lines to the company! 

The message behind our work is experience the world right under your nose!

Meet Bobby Word from Cozy Candles...
My name is Bobby Word. Im from Dallas Texas and I currently play basketball for Cleveland State University. 
I started making candles about a year ago and I recently decided to start selling them. 

I started making scented candles to set the mood in the studio while I make make music. I love having candles lit when I make music. So i decide to create a brand and sell them because everyone loves them!

It is my goal to make Cozy Candles a household brand by next year. Big picture? They will be in thousands of stores across America! 

2017 Canton Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time- 10:00am-5:00pm
St. George Serbian Center
4667 Applegrove Street NW
North Canton, OH 44720
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment